Shadows at the Door.


They came in the night, broke down my door, turned my home into a battlefield, a silent war, hands bound in steel. I stood there in shame, a prisoner of innocence, yet branded with blame. Each dawn I dread the coming day. When a car pulls up, will they take me away? The walls of my house are no longer my own. Just echoes of safety that I've out-grown. Every knock, every step on the stairs is a ghost in blue igniting my fears. Sleep eludes me. Peace never stays. Just a hollow existence in an endless maze. Neighbours whisper, their eyes cast in stone. They see the chains, but not that I'm alone. The weight of the cuffs, the cold of the van, a truth untold. Yet here I stand. The system's grip tightens year after year. No apology offered. No end to the fear. Just a shadow of justice that looms and fades while I count the moments in endless shades. My body's not mine. It belongs to the state. Taken at will, left to my fate. My mind is a prison. My heart full of scars. Chained to the silence beneath the stars.

So I wait in the darkness where safety once shown. A stranger in a place I used to call home. For in the eyes of the law, I'm just a name. Life undone in a twisted game.








Comments