They Call Me Irrelevant. Then They Talk About Me Anyway.
I have to admit it: I love it.
Every week, sometimes every day, the usual suspects on YouTube load up another video, leave another comment, and throw up a few "Big Ups” for good measure.
The thumbnails are dramatic. The titles are pointed. And somewhere in the first thirty seconds, or the last five minutes, or woven through the whole thing like a running gag, there I am.
They insist I don’t matter. They remind their audiences that I’m finished, washed up, irrelevant, a non-entity, a has-been, a nobody. They say it with the confidence of people who clearly believe repetition makes something true.
And then they keep saying my name.
It’s almost touching, once you get past the performance. These creators have built entire channels, reputations and videos, around the premise that I am not worth discussing. Yet the discussion never stops. My name still trends in their comment sections. Clips of them dismissing me still circulate. The algorithm still serves me up in the related videos of people who claim they never think about me.
I've never found it annoying. I find it funny, and very useful.
Because every time they do this, they hand me material. Fresh clips. Fresh quotes. Fresh examples of the exact dynamic I’m talking about. I don’t have to invent anything. I don’t have to manufacture drama. They generate it for free and deliver it on a schedule. All I have to do is notice, respond, and turn their certainty into content.
There’s a particular pleasure in watching someone spend between five and thirty minutes explaining why no one should pay attention to me, only to watch the view count climb because people are paying attention to the fact that they’re talking about me.
The irony writes itself. I just have to prompt AI.
So yes, I appreciate it. Keep the mentions coming. Keep insisting I’m irrelevant while you center entire conversations around my existence. Keep feeding the machine that keeps me relevant enough to annoy you.
I’ll be here, turning your dismissals into the next piece. Thank you for the constant supply. I couldn’t do it without you.




.jpg)







Comments
Post a Comment